SAIVA is pleased to announce a grant program to support the adoption of machine learning to reduce rehospitalization for long-term and post-acute care providers.
Applying machine learning, also referred to as artificial intelligence, to inform clinical practice is relatively new to the post-acute care sector, but promises to have a dramatic impact on patient outcomes. By linking data from a skilled nursing center’s EHR data and applying AI, acute episodes can be predicted and avoided—allowing for greater continuity of care, reduced hospitalization rates, and better clinical and operational outcomes.
This opportunity is open broadly to legally incorporated provider organizations, partnerships, or private corporations organized on a for-profit or non-profit basis, and who are involved in long term and post-acute care in the United States. Pilot participants are required to have more than 800 beds under management.
SAIVA anticipates awarding AI Pilot Program grant funds to one or more projects. The project period is approximately 3 months (depending on necessary project set-up timing).
SAIVA will provide grants in the form of in-kind contribution of technology, consulting services, implementation, training, and support. SAIVA reserves the right to reject all proposals and make no awards under this funding opportunity, or elect to fund less than the total amount of the available awards.
Grantees will be required to:
- Complete and submit a Grant Application form;
- Take part in periodic virtual meetings with SAIVA representatives and other grantees;
- Report monthly on agreed upon indicators;
- Provide budget and spending reports at the request of SAIVA;
- Participate in joint press or marketing opportunities, or public presentations on the project; and
- Act as a direct SAIVA product reference as needed during the project.
All interested parties are required to complete an online application by November 6, 2020. The application will request the following information:
- Name and affiliation of the applicant(s);
- Proposed project director/principal;
- Mailing address, email address and phone;
- General description of the company or agency and
- General description of the portfolio of skilled nursing centers
- Desired outcomes
- Data sources/EMR used
All submissions will be sent confirmation that the application has been received and may be contacted for clarification or suggestions for revision.